Thursday, August 6, 2015

Food and Wine 2015

So I was thinking about my return to Disney and realized shortly after my return the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival would be starting up again. It was a ton of fun eating and drinking around the world and I can't wait to do it again in just over a month!

Disney has already published what is going to be served at each kiosk, so I decided to take a sneak peak at what some of my paychecks would be going towards.

Africa
  • Buttered Chicken with Micro Cilantro and Naan Bread
    • This is new this year, but I've had the buttered chicken at Sanaa and it is delicious, so I figure this has to be good, too!
Belgium
  • Belgium waffle with warm chocolate ganache and whipped cream
  • Belgium waffle with berry compote and whipped cream
    • Let's be real. Waffles are delicious. Add some yummy toppings and you've got me sold! I had the waffle with berry last year, so maybe I'll do the chocolate one this year
Brazil
  • –Escondidinho de carne, “Little Hidden One”: layered meat pie with mashed yucca
    • Not 100% I'll get this, but the reviews are good and the pictures look promising!
  • –Pão de queijo: Brazilian cheese bread
    • Tried some of my friend's last year. It is cheese and bread. Enough said.
Canada
  • Canadian cheddar cheese soup
    • Had it last year, and it is SOOOO good.
  • Note: will not be getting the “Le Cellier” wild mushroom beef filet mignon with truffle butter sauce this year. Wasn't impressed and felt obliged to eat it since it was one the more expensive things I bought.
Cheese Studio
  • Cheese fondue with sourdough bread
    • This is a new booth this year that is in Future World. The other cheese pairings don't look like they'll be my cup of tea so I'll pass on those
Chew Lab
  • Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel
    • This is the other new booth in Future World. We made liquid nitrogen ice cream in high school and it was DELICIOUS. So this is a must!
China
  • Happy Peach with peach liqueur and dark rum
    • Not a big Asian food person. Maybe will get the chicken potstickers or Gaoli Beef Slide in China if they get really good reviews, but this drink looks pretty good

Craft Beers
  • Flight #1: Florida Harvest
    • Brew Hub Keybilly Island Ale, Lakeland, FL
    • Two Henrys Blueberry Vanilla American Wheat Ale, Plant City, FL
    • Orlando Brewing Grateful Pumpkin, Orlando, FL
    • Swamp Head Wild Night® Honey Cream Ale, Gainsville, FL
      • Not a big alcohol person so I would rather spend the money on food in general, but this flight looks like it could be worth a try!
Desserts and Champagne
  • Frozen S’mores featuring Monin® Toasted Marshmallow Syrup
    • Who doesn't love S'mores?!?!
Farm Fresh
  • Loaded mac n’ cheese with Nueske’s® pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, peppers and green onions
  • Hard cider flight:
    • Woodchuck Raspberry Hard Cider
    • Wyder’s® Dry Pear Hard Cider
    • Two Henrys Elderberry Hard Cider
    • ACE Hard Pumpkin Cider
    • I LOVE cider, so this is one drink option I will get! I am super sad about the Pepper Bacon Hash not being on the menu this year, but I guess Mac and Cheese will have to do :)
France
  • Ice Pop Pomme: Apple juice, vodka, and St. Germain liqueur
    • This is basically what we all called an "adult push pop" at food and wine this year
    • Also, the crème brûlée was GROSS last year. My friend and I both throught it was disgusting. I finished mine, but she just threw hers out.
Germany
  • Schinkennudeln: Pasta gratin with ham and cheese*
  • Roast bratwurst in a pretzel roll
  • Apple strudel with vanilla sauce
    • I don't HAVE to have anything from this booth, but it all looks good, too. I had the bratwurst last year and it was pretty good.
Hawai'i
  • Kālua Pork Slider with sweet and sour Pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise
    • This was one of my favorites last year. I even got it 2 or 3 times.
Hops and Barley
  • Florida grass fed beef slider with pimento cheese
  • Fresh baked carrot cake with Craisins® and cream cheese icing
    • I got both of these last year. The Carrot cake was one of my favorite desserts for sure! (but I'm also a sucker for cream cheese frosting!)
Intermissions Cafe
  • Caposaldo Peach Moscato Sweet Sparkling Wine
    • I like Peach flavored things and make it sparkling will be even better
    • maybe will get the Southwest Chicken Wrap
Ireland
  • Warm Chocolate Pudding with Kerrygold irish Cream Liquor Custard
    • I never ended up getting this last year, so I'll have to try it this year
Italy
  • Cannoli al cioccolato: Chocolate-covered cannoli filled with sweet ricotta, chocolate and candied fruit
    • Not even sure I'll end up getting it. It was good last year, but might not be good enough to justify the money again
Mexico
  • Chilaquiles de pollo: Corn chips layered with seasoned chicken, queso fresco, sour cream and cilantro
    • This is new this year and sounds promising, so I will have to see what it will look like when I get there
  • Pastel de elote con queso: sweet corn cheesecake
    • This was perhaps my absolute FAVORITE thing last year. I WILL get this and WILL get it multiple times too
Morocco
  • Kefta pocket: Ground seasoned beef in a pita pocket
    • The Mexico cheesecake and this were my top 2 items BY FAR. I was seriously crossing my fingers that they would bring it back this year
  • Mimosa Royale
    • I've never had a mimosa and this might be the time to try one!
Scottland
  • The Tipsy Laird: Whiskey-soaked cake with lemon cream and toasted oats


You might note that there are some booths missing. Nothing at these booths look good enough for me to spend the money on since Food and Wine adds up quickly. Notes on the locations that I am passing on.
  • Australia, Dominican Republic, Fife and Drum, France, Greece, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Sustainable Chew, Wine Studio
    • not a big seafood, lamb, asian food, etc. fan so passing on these booths
  • China (see notes above under China)
  • Patagonia 
    • Beef empanada last year was alright, but not sure I'll get it again
  • Poland 
    • pierogi's are good and all, but the portions are small and if I remember right, they were expensive so I would rather buy some more of my favorites
  • Joeffry's locations
    •  these are specialty alcoholic drinks. some look good, but are expensive so will probably pass
  • Refreshment Port
    • has an "enhanced" menu, but the only thing that looks good is the Croissant Doughnut which is served all the time so will just get it another time of year
  • Refreshment Cool Post
    • food option doesn't look great, and not sure if I will spend the money on the drinks

I am super excited to get my passport book and start my journey to eat and drink around the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment