Friday, August 7, 2015

Packing for the Final Move

Agh. I have been a really bad packer this for this move. Last year I feel like I know exactly what I was doing and didn't really leave anything for the last minute. Then when I moved in Florida I knew what fit in my car and started my moves across town in advance. When I finally moved back to Michigan from Florida I was so nervous that everything wasn't going to fit in my car that I was packed with days to spare just living out of a suitcase. 

But this time is so much more overwhelming. During college and my move to Florida last year I went into the situations having furnished places to live, being limited by space of the vehicles we were driving in, and with the assumption that I would be move in a few months so I just needed to pack things to get by. This move is so different in that this is a permanent move that is states away. I don't want to leave junk in my parents house to clutter up space or forget anything I might want since I don't know when I'll be back to get it. I also have things like my bed, dresser, and other furnature that I've never had to deal with before. I feel like there is also this pressure to bring all these things, but in reality I'm basically moving into one bedroom so I don't actually have a ton more room than I did the past year for my things. 

I am finally feeling the pressure to get everything done but it's hard just knowing what there is left to do. My past packing experiences felt so clear cut on what needed to be done, but hopefully this will be my last move; at least for a few years anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment