Monday, June 9, 2014

Last Days Living in Livonia

Friday 6th
So on Friday I woke up a lot later than I planned and chilled for a chunk of the day. I had to finish a few things up for my work for the Hope College Chemistry department, so I worked a few hours on that. I also got my information for housing check-in on Wednesday. Instead of checking in at The Commons, where Spring 2014 people did, we will be checking in at Vista Way. It will be an interesting, long day, since I will have to head right to Casting, then hopefully have a bit of time before the Animal Programs meeting, and then finally move into housing. Friday evening, my family went to a graduation party for one of my sister's friends. It was fun. They had pretty good food catered and even had a bartender. I ended up getting a margarita and tried a sip of my mom's Long Island Ice Tea (wasn't a big fan...) 

Then my best friends Mary and Ashley joined me at this restaurant at a local golf course called the Tin Cup for a last goodbye. My mom had been there a week or two ago and recommended it to us. Since I had just eaten at the grad party and Mary was coming from a dinner with her aunt who was in town, Ashley got a burger (which looked pretty good) and I ordered a side of sweet potato fries, which were good and had honey on them, which I never thought to try. The big highlight of the evening was out drink order. We split an 100oz Power Tower. Only Ashley and I were there when we ordered it and got some funny looks from the other people in the restaurant. 


The Power Tower
We had a great time hanging out, and they even bought me some Michigan themed gifts! We even tentatively planned them coming down the week after Ashley graduates in December! After finishing, we decided to call my parents to pick us up so they came and got us and drove my car home. Mary and Ashley left theirs overnight since we asked and they said they lock a gate. They decided to sleep over, so we played our favorite game, 1313 Deadend Drive, and slept on the couches in the basement (well Mary decided to sleep on a bunch of body pillows instead...)

1313 Deadend Drive...Our favorite game!

Saturday 7th
We woke up really early (6:30!) and talked for a few hours before I drove Mary and Ashley back to the golf course to pick up their cars. We hugged goodbye and drove separate ways. It was hard, but we are used to not seeing each other for months at a time, so I know that we will keep in touch and see each other sooner than we know!

I then spent part of the day doing errands with my mom. At night my family hopped to 3 different parties. The first one had the best food. It was catered and probably the best grad party food I have ever had. The second party we didn't spend a ton of time at and didn't eat much. The third we spent a ton of time at. They had catered greek food and stuff. It was pretty good. The best part was the deserts. I joked with the mom that she needs to send me care packages of her deserts (they are soooo good!). I only half jokingly said I wanted to come pick up some extras the next day (I really wanted those deserts!) Megan stayed longer, but my parents and I were tired and getting attacked by mosquitos, so we decided to head home.  I went through my clothes with my mom making sure I didn't forget anything important and then crashed since I was exhausted.

Sunday 8th
My dad rotated my tires and made sure I knew how to change a flat. My mom and sister had to do a bunch of errands for her grad party next week. We went to yet another grad party (I am seriously going to miss getting all this free delicious food in Florida!) and finished going through my stuff. My dad and I even stopped by the storage unit and found my Tigger! I will be taking pictures of Tigger on my drive down. I went by my Grandma's house and picked up some cookies she made for me and said goodbye. It was really hard. I tried to hold back tears and put on my sunglasses before she could see. I just am worried that something will happen to her and it could be the last time that I see her. I didn't have time to stop by my other Grandma's assisted living. I feel bad, but she barely knows who I am anymore and wouldn't understand what was going on. I said goodbye to her on Thursday at my sister's birthday dinner, but I hope that nothing happens to her either since it will be probably harder to talk to her on the phone and everything. She has Alzheimer, but is otherwise really healthy, so I hope that I won't have to have more regrets about not being able to say a final goodbye to her. Lastly, I ended the night watching the Tigers game and making a no-sew blanket. My mom and sister gave me some material, but I ended up being the one to spend my last few hours making it! lol.

Well the car is all packed up and ready to go, so I should get a few hours of shut eye until I leave bright and early tomorrow morning!

Tigger has been rescued from the storage unit
The pictures weren't uploading right, so I put reminders in to put them up when I get a chance. I promise to finish my PI application posts soon! I had written a bunch up in advance since I knew how crazy these last few days would be, but I got to one that I needed to type up and haven't gotten a chance to. Well, almost set to begin my exciting journey to Florida bright and early tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment