Monday, June 2, 2014

Supplemental Applications

At some point after you submit your application you might be contacted to submit additional materials or fill out a supplemental application. Some positions that do this are graphic design, journalist, etc internships that ask to submit a portfolio. Obviously if you have read my other posts you know that I didn't apply to those internships, so I will briefly talk about the Animal Programs and Agriculture Sciences Supplemental Applications. I got both of these shortly after I submitted my application. 

Animal Programs The Animal Programs limits that a person can only apply to 3, so people on the Facebook page that applied to more had to say which 3 they wanted to stay in consideration for through this email. I already knew this, so I had only applied to 3 (Education Conservation Presenter, Chemistry, and Reproductive Biology). The Animal Programs application had a set of standardized questions for each of the positions that I applied for through their department. The questionnaires for each position pretty much wanted to know that I did in fact have the qualifications list, list experiences and such. I then had to email those back and a cover letter that covered all 3 positions. They also ended up asking me for another copy of my transcript since they had had difficulty opening the one I had uploaded on my dashboard.

Agricultural Sciences The Agricultural Sciences one (for the Biotechnology position I applied for) asked for a cover letter, transcript, and letter of recommendation. They didn't have any extra questions. I, however, decided to withdraw my application for this position at this point in time.



OTHER UPDATES: 1 week until I leave for Florida! Oh, and how can I forget?!?! One week from today I will be leaving for Florida (well hopefully by this time we will be in Georgia for the night). I can't believe it is getting so close! I felt like I was doing well on packing, but now I feel like I have so much to do and no time to do it in! Tomorrow I am heading over to my college to finish up my work there and then Wednesday I have 2 doctors appointments and my family is going to the Tigers game for my dad's/sister's birthdays, so I will pretty much have zero time to get stuff organized. Also, with my OCDness I pretty much planned my sister's college class list today so she will be ready to register tomorrow. Well, off to make sure I have everything ready for my day trip tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment